The San Antonio Calligraphers’ Guild was founded in 1976. Our chief purpose is to provide calligraphers with educational and vocational information and to stimulate public interest in and appreciation for the art of calligraphy. Our secondary purpose is to engage in charitable, literary, social and other activities which reflect the chief purpose of the Guild. With over 40 years of members, activities and learning; the history of the guild is filled with colorful and educational guest speakers and events.
Officers and Committee Chairs
- President: Suzan OConnor
- Vice President: Karen Fridlund
- Secretary: Laura Herold
- Treasurer: Carolyn Patton
- Parliamentarian: James “Jim” Dodds
Members at large:
Lynn Rothe, Bonnie Houser, Rosemary Rodriguez, Becky Hughes, Leslie Winakur
- Awards and Memorials: Karen Fridland
- Early Bird Specials: Lynn Rothe
- Education: Joan Schmitz
- Envelope Exchange: Sylvia Stanley
- Exhibits: Monica Brooks
- Greeter / Name Tags / Door Prize: Fay Kyong Lee
- Hospitality: Rosemarie (“Rosie”) Gonzalez
- Library: Mary Tussey Morrell
- Post Office Box: Beverly Carter
- Major Workshops: Leslie Winakur and Maggie Gillikin
- Membership: Fernando Casillas
- Mini Workshops: Rosemary Rodriguez
- Newsletter Coordinator: Natalie Garza
- Notification: Leslie Winakur
- Photography: Carlos Haun
- Programs / Liaison w/ CE Church: Becky Hughes
- Publicity / Liaison w/ Women’s Shelter: Kimberly Hertzog
- Scholarships: Bonnie Houser
- Secret Pals: Lynn Rothe
- Webmaster: Natalie Garza
- Ad Hoc Assignment: Updating Roles and Responsibilities: Karen Fridlund
There are many different committees that our guild members participate fully in. Anyone interested in joining a committee should contact the committee chair.
Meeting Minutes and By-Laws
Meeting Minutes are available in PDF format for anyone interested in viewing.
By-Laws are provided for those wanting to learn more.
For Assistance within the Guild:
Contact the President to inform the Guild of occasions deserving congratulations for special achievements or condolences such as the death of a Guild member or someone in his or her immediate family.
Contact the Greeter to have a name tag made or replaced.
Contact the Membership Chair about dues or to make any changes to your contact information. If you are a new member, contact this person if you need a new member packet or are interested in a no-cost New Member Orientation class.
Contact the Librarian to inquire about check out/returning books or DVDs from our library.
Contact the Newsletter Coordinator to provide news, information, pictures or artwork for the e-newsletter.
Contact the Scholarship Chair to donate to the scholarship fund or to confidentially inquire about receiving a scholarship for a workshop or for membership dues.
Contact the Webmaster to update website information.
For other inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
P.O. Box 291232
San Antonio, TX 78229