The San Antonio Calligraphers’ Guild was founded in 1976. Our chief purpose is to provide calligraphers with educational and vocational information and to stimulate public interest in and appreciation for the art of calligraphy. Our secondary purpose is to engage in charitable, literary, social and other activities which reflect the chief purpose of the Guild. With over 40 years of members, activities and learning; the history of the guild is filled with colorful and educational guest speakers and events.
Officers and Committee Chairs
- President: Laura Herold
- Vice President: Leslie Winakur
- Secretary: Beth McMahon
- Treasurer: Karen Fridlund
Members at large:
Becky Hughes, Leslie Winakur, Bro Brian Zampier, Maggie Gillikin, Maria Te Diaz
- Envelope Exchange: Laura Herold
- Exhibits: Fran Boffo
- Greeter / Name Tags / Door Prize: Fran Boffo
- Hospitality: Loni Carlson
- Library: Brian Zampier
- Post Office Box: Beverly Carter
- Major Workshops: Leslie Winakur
- Membership: Fay Kyong Lee
- Mini Workshops: Maggie Gillikin
- Notification: Leslie Winakur
- Programs: Becky Hughes
- Scholarships: Maria Te Diaz
- Secret Pals: Lillie Putman
- Ad Hoc Assignment: Updating Roles and Responsibilities: Karen Fridlund
There are many different committees that our guild members participate fully in. Anyone interested in joining a committee should contact the committee chair.
Meeting Minutes and By-Laws
Meeting Minutes are available in PDF format for anyone interested in viewing.
By-Laws are provided for those wanting to learn more.
For Assistance within the Guild:
P.O. Box 291232
San Antonio, TX 78229