- This event has passed.
February 2020 Mini Workshop
February 20, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
2-20 Mini Workshop 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Parish Hall
DESIGNING WITH DOODLES
Come have fun Designing With Doodles! It’s relaxing and helps with mindfulness. It has been said to benefit both mentally and physically. It’s supposed to lower blood pressure, and help with anxiety and depression.
It is great for insomnia. Try it before bedtime!
This is a mindful, step-by-step doodling that can become amazing artwork.
It is also very relaxing. There are no mistakes, only opportunities for embellishment! What looks complicated, can be easily accomplished one step at a time.
- .01 size black Pigma Micron pen, or other fine line permanent black pen
- pencil (regular #2 size will do, or a softer one will do too) No eraser needed!
- stump or tortillion (found in the drawing dept. of craft or art store, and used for blending pencil marks) They are made of tightly compressed paper.
- You might want to bring a little bit larger tip Pigma Micron Pen, for coloring in spaces a bit faster. (optional)
- white gel pen (my preferred brand is Uniball Signo)
- 3 ½ x 3 ½ square of black paper, if you want to try it with a white pen or white colored pencil
- The white gel pens are for if you want to do a white doodle on black paper.
- I will provide a worksheet, for learning and practicing the doodle designs. Then, I will have a 3 ½ x 3 ½ in. square of white Arches 90# hot press watercolor paper for you, to make a finished design. If you have extras, or other kinds of paper you want to try, including colored paper, bring it.