Who Can Join?
Membership is open any adult interested in the calligraphic arts, regardless of skill level or expertise. Children aged 12 to 18 years of age may also join, but they must be accompanied to Guild activities by an adult member.
Our annual membership dues are currently $25.00 per year per person. Secondary memberships are available for one-half the amount of regular dues for each additional family member using the same address. You may renew your membership any time after April 1st to cover the program year of July 1st through June 30th. Renewal dues are delinquent after the June 30th for inclusion in the SACG roster. Dues for new members who join anytime during the program year will be charged a pro-rated amount.
Membership in SACG affords the opportunity to:
- Meet regularly with other artists who enjoy the lettering arts at General Meetings
- Once you have filled out a new member application form and paid your membership dues, you will receive a packet of basic tools and materials to get you started. They are yours to keep. Have fun experimenting with them!
- We offer a “New Member Orientation” program. It’s a great way to get familiar with the tools and basics of calligraphy and meet other new Guild members.
- In addition, we can offer you a mentor. That’s a person who is not a calligraphy teacher, but rather someone provides new members with one-to-one information and encouragement in all things related to the Guild.
- Have access to several different workshops and activities throughout the year such as:
- Receive a Guild E-Newsletter ten months a year.
- Full use of the Guild Library.
- Become eligible for scholarships.
- Participate in exhibits held by the Guild and have the opportunity to sell your work to the public.
- Receive an annual membership roster, which provides contact information to members only.
- Advertise your calligraphy business on our “Calligraphers for Hire” Webpage at no additional charge.
- Become eligible to participate in or receive various awards from the Guild.
To join or ask any questions about membership, please contact the Membership Committee Chair.
Note: If you would prefer to print and mail in this form, click here to download the PDF.
Individual Membership: $25/yr (June – June)
Family Membership (2 or more family members): $37/yr (June – June)
Mini Workshops: $20/yr (September- June): Includes participation in live Zoom call and access to workshop recording on YouTube.
Donate to the education fund here:
Donate to the Scholarship Fund here: